Dear Nolan,
When you were still in my tummy, I used the ultrasound machine at work to peak inside my stomach and see you. I wanted see your cute little face and your tiny fingers and toes. I also wanted to see if I could tell if you were a girl or a boy. I wanted a girl so Brooklyn could have a sister. It was a Sunday night. I wasn't very skilled at working the ultrasound machine and there was no one else around that knew how to work it any better than I did. I peeked at you and I could tell you were so cute already, but I couldn't tell very well if you were a girl or a boy. I suspected that you were a boy, because I thought I saw boy parts, but I wasn't very sure. I went home sad. The next morning my visiting teachers came over to visit me. We talked about how I looked on the ultrasound machine at work and how I was sad because I thought you might be a boy. They both have two boys and two girls in their families and they both explained how each of their patriarchal blessing specifically say your sons and daughters when speaking of their children. Right then I knew you were going to be a boy and I was completely happy about it. Because in my patriarchal blessing when it talks about my kids it says your children. I knew you were supposed to be a boy and that Brookie would probably never had a sister in our family. I was ok with all of it because I knew it was meant to be that way.
No comments:
Post a Comment